06 Mar GraviGreat Awards: Heather Sliwinski
Welcome back to our #GraviGreat series! At Gravitate we are lucky to have an amazing team who are dedicated to their PR craft and bring a wide diversity of strengths (and interests) to the table. This monthly series will highlight our best and brightest teammates, who have been nominated by their coworkers for their work and tenacity.
In February, we are profiling Heather Silwinski!
What makes Heather GraviGreat
As a vice president at Gravitate PR, you can imagine there were a ton of reasons Heather was chosen as the GraviGreat recipient, but we’ll stick to the most important ones. This month Heather was nominated by her fellow coworkers because she:
- Has consistently supported our New York and San Francisco teammates
- Is always available for a brainstorm or chat about various client accounts.
- Is a cool, calm and collected spirit – even during hectic times.
- Has an impressive wealth of pop culture knowledge that spans decades!
Heather + Gravitate
Heather is the Vice President at Gravitate, working with companies across several industries including martech, digital health, HR tech and more. Based in our San Francisco office, Heather and has a wide range of experience spanning PR strategy, media relations, influencer marketing, social/digital media, content strategy and more. Heather is an amazing teammate and works tirelessly to make sure that we are always meeting our expectations as an agency and also as individuals.
Her advice for folks starting their career in PR: “Say yes to every opportunity that comes your way – you never know where it can take you!”
What she’s passionate about
Outside of Gravitate PR, Heather loves to travel (especially where it’s warm). In the past year, she’s been to Maui, Paris, San Diego and Santa Fe. The next destination on the top of her bucket list is Morocco.
She enjoys anything related to the arts and frequently attends the San Francisco Symphony, Oscar movie marathons, book club meetings and live music.
She’s a family-first person! Despite living in different cities, she talks to her family every day via group text, FaceTime or good old-fashioned phone calls.
Three fun facts about Heather
- She used to work at Disney World (Epcot),and she’s still obsessed with it. If you need to know anything Disney related, talk to Heather!
- She is currently training for her seventh half marathon with Team Challenge, raising funds to find a cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- She’s from Sleepy Hollow, Illinois – a town that even has a headless horseman that rides around on Halloween!